Tata Docomo offers a per second pulse, anywhere In India, as part of its Prepaid Mobile Plans. Thus, they have introduced “Pay for What You Use” unlike other operators who charge you on a per minute basis. This has triggered a pricing war among the mobile service providers in India.
TATA DOCOMO is Tata Teleservices Limited’s (TTSL) telecom service on the GSM platform-arising out of the Tata Group’s strategic alliance with Japanese telecom major NTT DOCOMO in November 2008. Tata Teleservices has received a pan-India license to operate GSM telecom services, under the brand TATA DOCOMO and has also been allotted spectrum in 18 telecom Circles. TTSL has already rolled out its services in various circles.
Tata Docomo has a very transparent pricing mechanism. They not only charge for What You Use but also display the following information, on the screen of your handset, after every call.
- Seconds that you saved vis-a-vis a 1 minute call
- Your account balance
- Last call charge
All the above info. are automatically provided after every chargeable call that you make!!! what is even more interesting is the fact that you pay only for the seconds you use, even for ISD calls!!! Thus you can call US/Canada from your Tata DOCOMO number for just 11p/sec.
STD / ISD is pre-activated on your Tata DOCOMO Prepaid and you don’t have to pay any deposits to make a call to your near and dear ones, wherever they are!
Tata Docomo Local & STD Rates:
Price of Tata Docomo Prepaid Pack is Rs.49 with a lifetime validity!!! You also get a free airtime of Rs.5 per pack. As with most other operators, incoming calls are free while you are in your home network.
Tata Docomo Local & STD Rates are as follows:
- Local Rates – 1 Paise/second
- STD rates – 2 Paise/Second
Tata Docomo SMS Rates:
Tata Docomo SMS Rates are as follows:
- Local SMS will be charged 60p/sms
- National SMS will be charged Rs. 1.20/sms
- International SMS will be charged at Rs.5.00/sms
Other than the above normal rates, there are also some circle specific special SMS offers.They are as follows:
- Andhra Pradesh – Pay for the First 3 Local SMS everyday and get the next 150 Local SMS free for the day
- TamilNadu – Pay for the First 3 Local SMS everyday and get the next 750 Local SMS free for the day
- Mumbai – Pay for the First 3 Local SMS everyday and get the next 100 Local SMS free for the day
- Maharashtra – Pay for the First 3 Local SMS everyday and get the next 100 Local SMS free for the day
Tata DOCOMO’s Anywhere in India Recharge:
You can recharge your account with any desired amount between Rs.10 and Rs.10,000 and pay after you have received a confirmation SMS. There is also an option to do a self recharge.
To recharge your Tata DOCOMO Prepaid, do the following:
- Gently scratch the silver panel on the reverse of the recharge card for a 16-digit number.
- Call ‘12525’ and choose your preferred language.
- Follow the voice announcement and enter the 16-digit recharge number, when requested. Or simply type *135*2* <16 digit pin code > # and press ok
On completing the above steps, your Tata DOCOMO Prepaid account will be automatically recharged by the calling value amount and validity of your coupon.
To get to know your balance and Validity instantly,
- Press *111# and press ok or
- Call 12525 and follow instructions.
Apply for Tata Docomo prepaid mobile plans here and enjoy.