– BSNL broadband usage can be checked using several methods. Here is a detailed guide on how to check BSNL broadband usage from your desktop PC or laptop.
BSNL is the most popular broadband service provider in India.The country’s foremost Telecom service provider is always quick to introduce new technologies and also new landline, mobile and broadband plans.BSNL now offers several limited and unlimited broadband plans for both home and business users. Most of these plans offer decent browsing experience and are cost effective too.But what if you want to keep track of your broadband usage? Here is a step by step guide to check your BSNL usage via the BSNL data portal.
How to find BSNL broadband usage via BSNL portal
- 1. Go to BSNL portal, enter your BSNL user name and password on the top left sidebar and click on Login button. Note that this portal works only for users with IP addresses of type 5x.xx.xx.xx. Users with IP Addresses of type 117.xx.xx.xx shall go to http://data.bsnl.in/wps/portal[link] and login with your Portal ID and password. Portal Id can be obtained from BSNL customer care or by calling the Toll free number 1800-424-1600.
- You can check your “IP address” by clicking Start >> Run… and entering “cmd“.Then press Ok.
- Enter “ip config” and press Enter.You will then be shown the IP Address
- 2. Once you log in, you will find a few links on the left sidebar.Click on “Service Records” link
- 3. You can choose to view the usage statistics for any month, by choosing the radio button against it.Then, select the service and Domain for which you want to check the usage.You may also choose to view the usage statistics for “All Services” and “All domains”. After making the selection, Click the “Ok” button.
- 4. You will then be shown the complete usage statistics including Total Send Volume(GB), Total Receive Volume(GB), Total Volume (GB), Total Duration(hour), Sum Traffic Excluding Night Unlimited(GB). BSNL also gives separate usage statistics for every single day and for every service that you make use of.
Enjoy the detailed usage report for all BSNL broadband services that you make use of.
Download Shaplus free software to find broadband usage:
While you need to manually login to the BSNL portal to check the BSNL usage, Shaplus offers a free software to check your BSNL broadband usage. This is an automated tool to check your BSNL broadband usage and the tool has several features, some of which are listed below:
- It helps you to login to BSNL portal automatically for checking the broadband usage statistics.
- It gives you a report on the daily usage summary. This report show details on the total number of non free hours and free hours used on a daily basis. “Free Hours” or “free usage” is for those subscribers who are allowed to browse the internet for free during the nights i.e. from 2 AM to 8 AM.
- It also provides graphical reports which make it more easy to understand the usage patterns at a glance.
- It even provides a summary of all important usage metrics like “Daily average used” , “Average usable”, “Estimated bill” etc.
Thus the tool not presents good graphical representations of the broadband usage statistics but it also makes it easy to keep track of the estimated bill amount. This amount is arrived from the usage data for the month.
Download the free tool from shaplus – DataOne-Bandwidth 3.1.2.zip, if your ip address starts with 5 i.e. if it is of type 5x.xx.xx.xx.
If your ip address is of type 117.xx.xx.xx, download the tool from BSNL Broadband Usage 2.5.2.zip.
Firefox add-in to check BSNL Usage
There is even a firefox add-on to check bsnl broadband usage. Download and install the Datafox firefox add-on on your firefox browser.
After installing the firefox add-on, restart Firefox, and click on its status bar icon to enter your BSNL username and password. Then click on the “Login” button. You will then be able to Check BSNL Dataone Broadband usage by mousing over the cursor on top of the status bar icon.