How to book an Indian Railways Train Ticket Online?
The period from April to June is summer vacation for students in India. It is also the season when people would like to visit their favorite tourism spots or visit their relatives living in distant towns or cities.This is usually a very busy season for Trains in India and booking a train ticket is not that easy.
Indian Railways Reservation Guide
If you are looking for booking an Indian Railways Train Ticket online, IRCTC has an online booking facility for Indian Railways Train Tickets.You can book a train ticket from any station to any station in India to travel in any class, 90 days in advance of journey date. To do this log on to https://www.irctc.co.in/ and follow the below steps:
· 1. If you don’t have an account with IRCTC, Create a free account with an username and password of your choice.
· 2. Enter all the mandatory details required in the account creation form. Ensure that your residential address is given correctly, as it will ensure prompt delivery of booked tickets if you opt for delivery of tickets.
· 3. Once you have created an account successfully, you have to log in using this username and password to book a ticket.
· 4. Once you log in, you get to see a screen as shown below
Enter your source and destination stations with date, preferred class of travel and also choose an i-ticket or e-ticket. An i-ticket refers to a ticket which will be delivered by courier at your residential address. For this, you have to book the ticket at least 2 days before the date of travel.
An e-ticket can be booked up to the time of chart preparation for your train. Any one of the traveling passenger in this ticket has to provide proof of his or her identity like Voter ID card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License or Photo Identity Card issued by the Central or State Government.The same identity proof should be carried during the train journey. You can take a printout of the e-ticket.
You can also book tatkal tickets by choosing the tatkal option. After filling the above details, click “find trains”.
· 5. The list of all trains available between the selected source and destination stations appear on the screen.
· 6. Choose the train suitable for your journey from the list and click “Book ticket”. This will take you to the following page.
· 7. Enter details of every passenger like name, age, sex, preferred berth etc and click Go. You will be taken to a screen showing the details of your journey, as entered. If the details are appropriate, click “Make payment”. Otherwise, click “Re-plan my journey” to make alterations.
· 8. You will then be directed to a payment gateway, where you can make the payment using a credit card, debit card or cards specifically issued for booking tickets
· 9. Confirmation for the booked tickets can be viewed under “Booked tickets” link in “My Transactions” page of your account.
· 9. Then, select the ticket to print, if it is an e-ticket.
You now have a valid train ticket to travel in Indian Railways. You can thus avoid waiting in long queues for booking train tickets. Enjoy the hassle free way of booking tickets online.
Other tutorials on Indian Railways
·Indian Railways Seat Availability
·IRCTC Seat Availability and Train Fare Enquiry
·Indian Railways PNR Status
·Indian Railways Reservation
·Indian Railways Enquiry by SMS
·Indian Railways Tatkal ticket Booking
·Indian Railways Tatkal Reservation
- Indian Railways